ORL is globally recognized as a leading provider of standardized (ASTM/ISO) and custom orthopaedic device evaluation.
ORL testing services are supported by four decades of expertise in solving complex problems related to the musculoskeletal system including:
- Hip, knee and shoulder arthroplasty systems
- Modular connection fatigue and surface damage
- Small joint arthroplasty systems – ankle, elbow and wrist
- Spinal fusion and motion preserving systems
- Fracture fixation plates and rods
- Bone screws
- Bone cement mixing systems
ORL’s capabilities include practical expertise in test design and fixturing supported by an extensive mechanical testing facility including four axial and two axial-torsion machines. In addition, physical property determination equipment, as well as microscopic, photographic, and x-ray capabilities are in-house. A low-temperature freezer for cadaveric specimens supports an extensive hard and soft tissue dissection facility.